"Go through life with a smile on your face,a twinkle in your eye but withgreat purpose in heart."

Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane!

Ladies and gentleman it's real! I am finally in New Zealand. I feel like I have been waiting for so long that it really wasn't going to happen. Maybe just to preface for those of you who are wondering why the heck I am going to new Zealand...I am here to be a polka dot nanny! The polka dots is a singing group a lot like the wiggles in America. One of the polka dots is pregnant and they are doing a few concerts and tours in the next few months. They needed a temporary replacement for some of these shows so I will also get to be a polka dot! Woo hoo! I really am so excited to be doing everything I love while I am here.

Ok now that is all explained I will tell you about my journey so far! First you have got to know how much I dreaded two things about this trip, packing and saying goodbye to my family. So when I was packing I just stuffed as much as I could in my suitcases. I was feeling pretty accomplished because I stuffed SO much in there. Little did I know there is a weight limit...we ended up having to throw out 35lbs worth of crap out of my suitcase into this plastic bag for my parents to take home. It was pretty comical seeing us there with suitcases open and throwing stuff everywhere and me slightly crying because I didn't want to give up some things. It was so funny though but we got my luggage through and all was well.


my Dad being the champ that he is carrying around my 35lbs worth of stuff!
 You know you are going to a pretty great place though when this is your flight safetly video: New Zealand Safety Video no joke they really do play this on the plane! I was thourghly enjoying it. It reminded me of Shad Johnson...I think you should do this for a career Shad.

Now I won't bore you with every detail of the plane flight because ya, that would be boring. But I have to just share what was going through my head during this first flight. I get into the first plane and try to lift my carry on in the compartment...well I can't it's to heavy. So this nice man helped me...I felt slightly ridiculous. He didn't know that I tried to stuff the 35lbs out of my suitcase into my carry on as much as I could. Haha but anyways take off was just hilarious to me. I felt like I was living in an snl skit. I had the lady right next to me who didn't speak much English and she was just out before we even took off not caring one bit she was on an airplane right now. Two ladies down from me there was a lady who was sitting by the window just staring out there and would make flinch and clench her fists anytime the airplane made a noise or would go a little higher. She was tense the whole trip and wouldn't make much eye contact at all. The guy in front of me didn't speak much English either. And I am not trying to be rude but it helps paint the picture. He took up probably one and 3/4 of a seat. So the lady next to him is just trying to find a comfortable position on the 1/4 part of the seat that she paid a full price ticket for. Then there was me. I felt like the lady who plays the target lady or the surprise birthday party lady.As were taking off I just wanted to stand up and scream "I LOVE AIRPLAINES! I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!" I could barely contain myself. . I was as giddy as a little kid on Christmas. The adrenaline was to much to handle. I was holding back any squealing or laughter. So I just sat there and smiled the whole time giggling to myself picturing how this snl skit would turn out.

But anyways I made it safely and it was quite the adventurous 32 hours worth of flying. I made a lot of friends a long the way from all over the world. I just love talking to people. The plane ride was what I was most worried about coming here because I would be traveling alone. But I can honestly say that I have never felt so not alone while being alone in my life. I was so grateful for that and just felt confident and safe the whole trip. It was wonderful. So happy to start this amazing adventure!

Pamela is the Grandmother of the Polka dots and her and Paul are who I am staying with. Keri is the other Polka dot nanny and I just love her to pieces. We get along a litle to well its crazy!

1 comment: