"Go through life with a smile on your face,a twinkle in your eye but withgreat purpose in heart."

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

This Day Could be Special! :)


 I've developed a new motto in life: this day could be special! Here is a little excerpt from the talk it came from by President Monson that I thought I'd share cuz I loved it so much. :) the talk is called "In Search of Treasure". 
"I recently read the account of a man who, just after the passing of his wife, opened her dresser drawer and found there an item of clothing she had purchased when they visited the eastern part of the United States nine years earlier. She had not worn it but was saving it for a special occasion. Now, of course, that occasion would never come.
In relating the experience to a friend, the husband said, “Don’t save something only for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion.”
That friend later said those words changed her life. They helped her to cease putting off the things most important to her. Said she: “Now I spend more time with my family. I use crystal glasses every day. I’ll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket if I feel like it. The words ‘someday’ and ‘one day’ are fading from my vocabulary. Now I take the time to call my relatives and closest friends. I’ve called old friends to make peace over past quarrels. I tell my family members how much I love them. I try not to delay or postpone anything that could bring laughter and joy into our lives. And each morning, I say to myself that this could be a special day. Each day, each hour, each minute, is special.”
You can't help but have a good day when you think about it because after all...it's a special occasion! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment